Warehouse supervisor - English
- Supply Chain
- Required language
- English, German
Do you want to be part of the supermarket revolution? Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in an innovative start-up culture where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe!
Where you fit in
Picnic is dedicated to each customer. We guarantee an efficient ordering and delivery process - but this requires logistical and operational brilliance. As our Warehouse Supervisor, you ensure that each technological feature and employee in our warehouse remains part of a well-oiled machine. You usually start around 6 A.M. to ensure the day will have a flawless start. At 7 A.M. the Shoppers come in and you kick off with a short talk before they start their day. The rest of the day you will monitor the progress, manage all stakeholders and you strive to achieve the three most important KPI's for our grocery business (complete, on time and of the highest quality). When something appears to become a problem, people will reach out to you. With your problem solving skills you will strive to solve any issues in no time and continue running a hopefully flawless day.
As a natural born leader, you thrive off managing and motivating large groups of people. You’re dedicated to your job, but have the balance to be personable and approachable. You engage with people from all walks of life - from Shoppers and Drivers to Business Analysts and Software Developers.
You don’t just manage people. With an eye for how processes work, you spot, improve, and tweak parts of large scale operations to improve efficiency. Your logistical insights are vital in the optimization of our processes and the improvement of our supply-chain.
What challenges await you
- Supervise and support workflow and day-to-day operations in the Picnic Fulfilment Center
- Ensure all operational activities are prioritized and completed in a timely manner
- Make short-term action plans to achieve targets with respect to long-term goals
- Work with other Warehouse Managers to make logistical brilliance a reality
- Coordinate a team of Captains, Flow / Receipt Operators and truck drivers
- Motivate, coach, and inspire a team of 120+ colleagues
What you need
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of logistics, supply chain, business or similar
- Ideally experience in warehouse management
- First leadership experience
- Stress resistance: You don't break a sweat and you meet deadlines
- Hands-on mentality: Independent, thorough and goal-oriented
- Open and confident communication with colleague
- Fluent German and English skills
- Steep learning curve by taking on responsibility from day one
- Freedom to realize own projects and implement your ideas
- Be part of a team with ground-breaking entrepreneurs, creative minds, and out-of-the-box-thinking colleagues
- No hierarchical thinking: Be your own leader!
- Participate in team events, Christmas or summer parties, and cosy barbeques
Up for the challenge? Then join us and be part of the Picnic team!
Interested in joining Picnic and are you curious about what they have to offer? Join the Exclusive Event with Picnic on the 16th of March! Click here to go to the event page.
Interested in this specific vacancy? Click here to go to the original posting.