Fleet Operations Manager (M/W/D)
- Supply Chain
- Required language
- English, German
Do you want to be part of the supermarket revolution? Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in an innovative start-up culture where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe!
Our 1350+ Electric Picnic Vehicles (EPV’s) are the visible connection between our hubs and customer households. If there are issues with the fleet, deliveries don’t get to the right place and families don’t get their groceries. That’s a big responsibility – it requires ingenuity and continuous innovation to keep the fleet running and delivering to an ever-expanding customer base.
Where you fit in
As our Fleet Operations Manager, you ensure that our vehicles function and remain efficient workhorses. On a day-to-day basis you interact with actors on different scales: mechanics, manufacturers, service providers, Hub Managers, runners, etc. You manage maintenance and repairs, plan new vehicle deliveries, ensure quality control, and coordinate capacity with the rest of the Picnic distribution team to ensure a great customer experience every day. With a profound engineering understanding and a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude you fix problems and grasp opportunities. While managing a big fleet on a daily basis,we also need to innovate and scale every process. When there are issues you quickly identify the cause, go to the drawing board and come up with inventive solutions.
Your skills and determination keep the wheels running and our orders delivered. This is a major opportunity to disrupt the current standards of last mile delivery!
What you do
- Be the go-to person for everything regarding our electric fleet
- Manage weekly fleet capacity for the increasing number of deliveries
- Ensure that the fleet is running smooth by coordinating 3rd parties like mechanics, manufactures and the whole Picnic Distribution Team
- Implement vehicle improvements and roll out efficiency initiatives
- Optimizes and innovate processes for the long run
- Work closely with the Distribution Team (both DE & NL) to make logistical brilliance a reality
What you need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering, Logistics, Business studies or similar and a clear interest in the technology behind our vehicles
- Quick Learning: Intellectual horsepower to learn on the go
- Practical vision: Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Independent: Confident and proactive
- Ambition: Nothing-is-impossible mindset
- Experience in an operational environment
- Fluency in German and English
Interested in joining Picnic and are you curious about what they have to offer? Join the Exclusive Event with Picnic on the 16th of March! Click here to go to the event page.
Interested in this specific vacancy? Click here to go to the original job posting.