2021 Data Specialist – Message Mining
- Bloomberg LP
- Communication, Finance
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
In Global Data, you will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes, establish links with key players in the financial market by providing exceptional client support, and manage the financial data that feeds the Bloomberg Terminal.
The Message Mining data team seeks a Data Specialist to find opportunities for our business, design and implement customer centric solutions, measure and communicate impact, as well as communicate and respond to clients’ inquiries. In this role you will apply an array of skills to solve evolving business challenges. You will join a small dynamic global team, where your interests and enthusiasm will have significant impact. You will work within EMEA as a specialist that will interface with our customers, product and various data teams to improve the performance of our message scraping teams. Developing relationships with customers is crucial to develop the data strategy and the product development - being the focal point of the conversation will power you to success.
We’ll trust you to:
- Communicate effectively with non-technical partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and figuring out requirements to explaining methodological decisions and modeling outcomes.
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise -Solutions by resolving inquiries in a timely manner.
- Leverage technology to analyze a variety of data to identify, measure and implement change for the products.
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance the product.
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, or related business and STEM fields.
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate.
- Stakeholder-focused mindset.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment.
- Availability to start in January 2021.
We’d love to see:
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skill.
- Good stakeholder management and project management skills.
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving.
- Willingness to learn how to work in a large organization. We take care of messy data from disparate sources and legacy systems with limited documentation.
- Experience of applying a methodological approach to problem solving that impact product decision.
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one more programming language such as Python, SQL and R.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.