- Flow Traders
Flow Traders is looking for Graduate Traders to join our growing Trading team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is competitive, driven and passionate about the financial markets. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
What You Will Do
As a Trader you manage and optimize our daily positions (pricing and trading) in a wide range of financial products including ETPs, bonds, derivatives, FX, crypto’ s and complexly structured products together with the Traders on your desk. You will formulate innovative trading strategies and, in close collaboration with our Software Engineers, develop trading models and tools that allow us to capitalize on opportunities swiftly and adequately.
A Day In The Life
Focus on pricing challenging financial products that require impeccable risk/reward trading decisions.
As a Spread Trader, you will use statistical models to price and capitalize on expected price movements of a wide range of asset classes. This form of arbitrage is often less speed dependent. The edge comes from determining the true price of these products better than the rest of the market. You will constantly evaluate the risk/reward associated with your trades and positions based on robust statistical analysis combined with years of trading experience.
Focus on applying Mathematics, Statistics, Probability Theory, Machine Learning techniques (e.g. deep neural networks) to create profitable trading strategies.
As a Quantitative Trader, you will work in a team consisting of Quantitative Traders, Traders and Quantitative Researchers to optimize existing trading strategies while learning how to ultimately develop your own trading ideas. You will back test, optimize and implement it in the trading engine to convert simulation results to a profitable trading strategy. Interest in Machine Learning Techniques and AI, experience is an advantage;
Focus on optimizing our trading software in close collaboration with our Product Managers and Software Engineers. You will lead the process of the development of new tools that will improve several trading desks on the trading floor.
As a Technical Trader, you will use in-depth knowledge of market structure and algorithms to create strategies and setups that enable us to trade a large range of products effectively. You will create new approaches to automate trading and develop setups that resemble the strategic approaches of a screen Trader, allowing us to trade orders of magnitude faster, and in many more assets than would be possible with manual trading. Finally, you will provide guidance to our development department regarding the continuous development of our in-house trading software, using experience obtained from analyzing our automated trading, to improve our trading strategies.
Continuously quoting bid and ask prices and making split second decisions based on movements in the market.
As a Screen Trader, your primary responsibility is to act as a market maker in a group of products. This can be based on high frequency trades on exchange, or requesting one of our counterparties to show a price off exchange. By offsetting all the different flows you will try to optimize the spread between buy and sell prices. In order to do this as efficiently as possible, we continuously have to improve on all fronts, for example developing new pricing models.
As a Graduate Trader, you will begin your career at Flow with an extensive 4 month training program at our Amsterdam office. During this program, you will learn everything you need to know about our core business, the financial products we trade and the intricacies surrounding our trading processes, including pricing strategies and our proprietary trading systems. It will also include participation in trading simulations and quantitative classes hosted by our Senior Traders and Quantitative Researchers that will further strengthen your understanding of a Trader’s role in the financial ecosystem. After collaborating with your fellow graduate traders on a team project to conclude the training program, you will be assigned to an established trading desk based on your skills and interests. Gradually, you will take on more responsibilities, start monitoring markets and be able to make split-second decision to contribute to the overall profitability of your desk!
What You Need to Succeed
- Maximum of three years’ work experience
- University degree, preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Finance, Technology or related
- Demonstrable interest in trading and global financial markets
- Understanding of financial products
- Proficiency in Excel, a keen interest in IT systems and an affinity for development languages (C, C++, Python, JAVA, or similar)
- Ability to deliver under pressure, with excellent mental arithmetic and analytical skills
- Ability to spot arising opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them
- An entrepreneurial mindset that thrives on creative problem solving
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
- Attracted to a fast-paced, team oriented work environment that offers great challenges and rewards
- Fluent in English
After receiving your CV and convincing cover letter through our website, the recruitment process exists of the following steps:
- A numerical test
- Motivational & technical interview
- Final round interview: case study
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year, such as the Year End Party that exceeds expectations
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!