Healthy cashew stir fry & Banana bread
This week in "Corona kitchen", two recipes!
Date : 20/05/2020
Name : Mathilde Lallemand
Age : 20
Nationality : French
University : SBE
Healthy cashew stir fry (with vegan option!)
- Chicken (or tofu) more or less 200g
- Olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 broccoli head
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 big onion
- 10gr of grated ginger
- 100gr of unsalted cashew nuts
- 80ml of soy sauce
- 60ml of white wine vinegar
- 8ml of sesame oil (1,5 tsp)
- 40gr of honey
- 40gr of cornstarch (Maizena)
- 180ml of water
1. Cut chicken (or tofu) in cubes.
2. Cut broccoli, bell pepper and onion and set aside.
3. Put all the ingredients for the sauce together and whisk until liquid.
3. Heat up of bit of olive oil in a pan, cook chicken (or tofu) for about 5 min.
4. Once mostly cooked, take it out and set aside.
5. Add a bit of olive oil and throw the veggies in.
6. After sautéing for 3-4min, add garlic and ginger and cook for one more minute.
7. Add the sauce in, add chicken (or tofu) and stir.
8. The sauce will start to thicken, add the cashew nuts.
Serve over rice or wok noodles!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 75gr of melted butter
- 70gr of sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- 4gr of baking soda (1 teaspoon)
- Salt to taste
- 185gr of flour
- 85gr of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at 180°C
2. Mash bananas together until smooth and add melted butter. Stir together.
3. Add the sugar, egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt & flour. Stir until batter is smooth.
4. Add in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter in a greased pan and add extra chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for 45-50min, until toothpick comes out clean!
Share your experience with us!