This week in "Corona Kitchen"
Name of student: Emiel Konings
- 100g butter
- 500g flower
- 25g baking powder
- 100g granulated sugar
- 250ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2dl cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Strawberry Jam
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature and preheat the oven to 150 °C.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, the granulated sugar and a pinch of salt. Form a mountain on your worktop.
- Make a well in the center. Pour in the milk and add the softened butter.
- Knead everything well together. Knead for a long time and add some extra flour if the dough is too moist. The dough should be nicely elastic.
- Dust a work surface with flour and roll out the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of 1 cm.
- Line an oven tray with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cut out circles from the dough and place them on the baking tray.
- Split the egg and beat the egg yolk with a splash of milk.
- Brush the scones with the mixture (dorse). You can do that twice.
- Place the scones in the preheated oven. Immediately raise the temperature to 200 ° C and let the scones bake for about 20 minutes.
Finishing and serving
- Beat the cream half with the icing sugar.
- Cut the scones open lengthwise and scoop cream and jam on top.
- Serve hot with a cup of tea.
Share your experience with us!