Chili Con Carne
This week in "Corona Kitchen":
As you know SCOPE is always there for you and we realize that during this tough time all you hear is Corona content, we decided to show you some great recipes from SBE students. They want to help you make this situation less annoying by sharing their favorite foods.
Next up is Nell van den Ende. She presents the dish that she loved to cook in Maastricht! Have fun trying the recipe out
Name of student: Nell van den Ende
A couple words from Nell: I chose this recipe, because it is a family friendly meal that a friend of mine used to cook when we were still in Maastricht and still seeing each other for dinner. So it reminds me of the good old days.
- Difficulty: easy
- Time: 50 minutes: Preparation - 20 min, cooking: 30 min.
- For 4 people.
- You can eat the chili with either rice or pasta, I would advise rice and, in this case, 150g per person.
- 50 g butter
- 2 onions
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 500g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 65 g tomato paste
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large can of beans red drained (more or less 350g)
- 30 cl beef broth
- Parsley (to decorate)
- Chop the 2 onions, the garlic and the red peppers.
- In a melting pot, melt the butter, then gently brown the onion and garlic.
- Stir in the ground beef and cook gently for 10 min.
- Combine chili, cumin, tomato paste, the red peppers and stir into beef. Add the beans, the beef broth, salt and pepper.
- Cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
Share your experience with us.