Kisir, Turkish Bulgur
This week in "Corona Kitchen" :
As you know SCOPE is always there for you and we realize that during this tough time all you hear is Corona content, we decided to show you some great recipes from SBE students. They want to help you make this situation less annoying by sharing their favorite foods. Our first student is Isabelle Hontoy. She presents her favorite dish from Turkey, which is easy to make. Have fun trying the recipe out!
A few words from Isabelle concerning the dish: “It is a recipe I really enjoy, because it is fast, easy and everyone in my family loves it.”
- 350g of bulgur
- 4 tbs chili paste
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- The juice of one lemon
- 50ml olive oil
- 3-4 tbs nar eksisi (available in turkish supermarkets)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 medium sized cucumber
- 1 cmall onion
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Put hot water to cover the Bulgur (Cover the Bulgur slightly with water -> otherwise we won’t have the right consistency)
- Add and mix the chili paste, tomato paste, juice of lemon, olive oil and nar eksisi to the Bulgur.
- Add and mix the cumin, the cayenne pepper, the chili powder and the salt.
- Finally, add the tomatoes, the cucumber, the onion and the fresh Parsley.
Share your experience recipe with us!
And the cook!