- ACT Commodities
- Accounting & Controlling, Finance, Trading
- Required language
I EXCEL WHEN...
- Close to the business
- Excel guru
- Highly motivated
- Making number talk accessible talk!
- Part of the family
For this position we are looking for somebody with the right attitude. We need somebody assertive and focused on teamwork, who likes to keep learning and be challenged.
MORE ABOUT THE JOB
Who we are:
ACT is the world’s leading provider of market-based sustainability solutions. Working at the center of the global energy transition, ACT helps organizations hit their climate action targets, no matter how ambitious. Since 2009, ACT has become a trusted brand in high-impact climate projects, renewable energy markets, energy efficiency, renewable fuels, and carbon credits. ACT delivers tailor-made solutions from offices in Amsterdam, New York, Shanghai, and Paris, enabling its partners to join the environmental revolution and pursue more sustainable futures.
What you'll do:
As a Junior Accountant you will be part of the Finance & Operations team of ACT Commodities, working with an international product and client portfolio. This makes for a very diverse and challenging environment, which reflects in the job as well - this isn't the usual accountant role. Because we are currently experiencing rapid growth in our scale-up phase, our departments are going through changes and process improvements. You will get the chance to experience this new era of business at ACT and have an impact by making your ideas heard. We want someone open-minded and eager to learn who can think outside the box.
The Commodities Finance team includes a Finance Manager, three financial controllers and two accountants. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for handling accounts payable, which includes processing invoices, payments, bank statements and onboarding clients. You will work in close coordination with financial controllers and accountants and the wider Operations (6) and front office team. In a nutshell, your tasks will be:
- Ensuring accurate and timely registration and posting of vendor invoices;
- Closely monitoring and following up on invoice approvals;
- Be main point of contact for AP related matters (clients; treasury and front office)
- Processing bank statements
- Preparation of payment runs for approval
- Onboarding new clients bank account and VAT numbers
- Assisting with execution of financial audit requests
Who you are:
- University degree in Finance (Bachelor Accountancy preferred);
- 1-2 years’ experience working as an accountant;
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken);
- Experience in international VAT treatment is a plus;
- Experience working in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus;
- Skilled stakeholder manager, working well under pressure;
- Self-starter mentality, good at working independently;
- Decisive, can prioritize and effectively manages time;
- Proactive and illustrates a focus on continuous process improvement;
- High attention to detail and ability to adapt to change/flexibility;
- Hardworking, diligently ensures task completion.
What we offer:
- An in-house position in a fast growing organization;
- Being part of an ambitious international team of dynamic young professionals;
- Innovative environment where personal and professional development is key;
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- NS Business Card (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- In-house Life Coach.
**A pre-employment screening is part of our application procedure**