Traineeship Digital & Data Analytics (Heerlen)
- APG Asset Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Are you interested in Asset Management, Financial Markets and Digitization? Do you shift to a higher gear when you start working with aspects like carbon reporting? And do you know how to turn data into informative products? If so, be sure to read about this Digital & Data Analytics Traineeship at APG.
This is going to be your job
This traineeship gives you the chance to work with data information products. Not just working on them, but building them yourself. And all this in a domain of interest to you, such as fixed income, equity or alternative investments. Or an area that matches your studies and interests. You will study APG real estate, for example, and translate it into a sustainability classification. Or discover how APG invests in ESG and develops products like carbon reporting or physical climate risk dashboards. You will be given the freedom to use your fresh university knowledge and to work autonomously. In fact, your teammates would love to be amazed by your out-of-the-box ideas!
Quote of Trainee Stefan Belleflame: “As a Trainee, I was given the freedom to put my ideas into practice. During the first months, I developed a dashboard that assists APG in daily operations. It feels amazing to build a valuable tool that your colleagues can rely on. In addition, I got all the support I needed throughout the project, including trainings for personal skill development. The Trainee program allows you to choose your own assignments, which works great for steering your career opportunities and seeing as much of APG as possible”!
Of course you will be working together with various teams, so you can also master the day-to-day work: the show must go on! This enables you to experience the fact that APG Asset Management has all the necessary expertise in all asset classes at its fingertips. That formal reporting to AFM and DNB is important. And that APG Asset Management has a wealth of data. Are you interested in data? If so, you are free to do an assignment in this subject as well. You are given the opportunity take a look behind the scenes: where does the data come from? And how do you turn it into usable information? In short: you get to see how the process of back-, mid- and front-office goes and how the added value increases.
Why start your career at APG?
Because APG Asset Management:
- Is the largest pension investor in the Netherlands with 627 billion euros assets on the management and among the top five worldwide.
- Manages most investments and support processes in-house.
- Owns a wealth of cool data sets.
- Offers an ideal environment for orientation and learning.
- Leads the way in sustainable investment.
This is what you offer
- Master’s degree in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Information Management, Business Economics e.g. Accounting, Controlling, Finance or other business/data-oriented emphasis with outstanding study results.
- A maximum of two years’ work experience.
- Broad-ranging extra-curricular development is a plus (e.g. committee or board membership, volunteer work).
- Fluency in English (additionally, fluency in Dutch is a plus).
- Motivation and drive to learn tooling like QlikSense Dashboard and SAS enterprise Guide and programming languages such as R & Python.
- Basis knowledge of data-analytics, but moreover the motivation to learn.
- Affinity with investment, ‘net assue value’ does make sense to you.
- Attention to detail, ambitious, analytical, critical and digital minded.
This is where you'll work
In the Traineeship of APG:
- You work on 4 assignments over a period of 2 years, each assignment is in another team and lasts 6 months.
- You will get a job offer on the track that you previously selected and worked for 2 years.
- You will have ample opportunity to do assignments in line with your field of interest.
- You will undergo a sharp learning curve, both personally and professionally.
- You will have your own mentor guiding you throughout the traineeship.
- By gaining two years of different experiences, you will find a position/job that suits you best.
- In case of a successful traineeship your contract will be converted to a permanent employment contract.
We offer you a competitive salary of max. € 3.385,00 based on a 40 hours working week and attractive terms of employment with a focus on flexibility.
- A guaranteed year-end bonus of 8.33%.
- Ample attention to your vitality and personal development.
- Hybrid working: at home and in one of our superb offices.
- And of course a well organized pension.
For pension provider APG, pensions are about people, life and how we live together. Through careful asset management, pension administration, communication and advice, APG wants to help build a decent future in which we share our well-being and prosperity honestly and sustainably. For present and future generations. For today, tomorrow and beyond.
APG is committed to serving 4.7 million people in the Netherlands. That explains the importance we attach to reflecting Dutch society. To that end, APG strives for an inclusive work environment in which everyone can be themselves and their unique qualities are embraced.
Choosing APG means choosing a job in which you contribute to a bright future. Don’t delay, apply today!
More information? Please contact Cato Beentjes (Recruiter) via email@example.com or Chris Frijns via firstname.lastname@example.org. They can tell you more about the specific position.
Do you see a future with APG? Apply utmost March 31st, 2022 with an English cv and cover letter and show us what motivates you.
Have a look on Traineeships at APG | APG for experiences of current trainees and more information about the selection process.
Are you not sure yet which of the 4 tracks suits you best? Or are you just curious about your fit with APG? Then sign up for our Online inhousedays Traineeship | APG.