Traineeship Asset Management at APG (Heerlen and Amsterdam)
- APG Asset Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Do you want to immerse yourself in the world of long-term and responsible investing with one of the largest pension investors in the world? Do you want to develop yourself continuously at the heart of society and contribute to the lives of 5 million people?
Four traineeship directions
Digital, Quant, Finance or Portfoliomanagement. For each of these directions we have a traineeship available at the Asset Management department of APG. Whatever direction you choose, you will start your career with one of the frontrunners in the field of responsible and long-term investing. The four directions all have their own focus. What direction you choose?
Quant: The quant traineeship will prepare you for a career in the field of Asset Liability Management or Quant portfoliomanagement. Your assignments will allow you to further develop your modelling, programming and research skills within the field of investing & portfoliomanagement and ALM.
Digital & Data Analytics: Data and Data professionals are extremely important for APG Assetmanagement. In this direction you learn how to transfer data into investment intelligence, and how to visualize and analyze data within different departments of APG Asset Management.
Finance & Risk: This traineeship is the perfect fit for those who do not avoid but control risk and want to get acquainted with all kinds of risk management, from enterprise risk, climate risk to investment risk.
Investment & Portfolio management: After this traineeship you will be able to analyse and research new investment opportunities, build frameworks, and you get to know different asset classes such as private equity, fixed income, equities and real estate, to find out what’s your perfect fit.
The trainee program
2 years, 4 assignments 6 months
The four traineeships at APG start October 1st, take 2 years and consist of 4 assignments of 6 months. The assignments are aligned as closely as possible to you your qualities, studies and development wishes, and APG’s goals. The aim is for you to be completely ready for a permanent position within 2 years.
We expect a lot but you’re never alone
To shape your development and career we enable you to participate in various education and training courses, you are assigned a specific coach for each assignment and coach for the whole traineeship. We expect a lot of you but you’re never alone. We build a long-term future together.
Why start your career at APG?
Because APG Asset Management:
- Is the largest pension investor in the Netherlands with 627 billion euros assets on the management and among the top five worldwide.
- Manages most investments and support processes in-house.
- Owns a wealth of data sets.
- Offers an ideal environment for orientation and learning.
- Leads the way in sustainable investment.
In the Traineeship of APG:
- you work on 4 assignments in 2 years.
- Each assignment lasts 6 months.
- You will have ample freedom to formulate assignments in response to current issues and in line with your field of interest.
- You will undergo a sharp learning curve, personally and professionally.
- You are assigned your own mentor.
- You do not have to choose your favorite job until after the traineeship.
- In case of a successful 2 year traineeship your contract will be converted to a permanent employment contract.
We offer you a competitive salary based on a 40 hours working week and attractive terms of employment with a focus on flexibility.
- A monthly salary of € 3.385,00 bruto.
- A guaranteed year-end bonus of 8.33%
- Ample attention to your vitality and personal development
- Hybrid working: at home and in one of our superb offices
- And of course a well organized pension.
You are an energetic university graduate with passion for investments and financial markets. You have an open view, lots of ideas, and are eager to learn and to innovate. This mindset you combine with:
- A master’s degree in Economics, (corporate, sustainable, quantitative) Finance, Business, Econometrics, Data Science, Business Intelligence, or related study, with outstanding study results.
- A maximum of two years’ work experience.
- Broad-ranging extra-curricular activities are a plus (e.g. committee or board membership, volunteer work).
- Digital mentality.
- Fluency in English (additionally, fluency in Dutch is a plus).