HEAD OF COMMERCIAL, DACH
- Communication, Sales
- Required language
- English, German
Choco is the leading ordering app for restaurants and suppliers across Europe. Based in Berlin we are looking for a Head of Commercial, DACH to grow, develop and commercialize our team across Germany. Your challenge ranges from building and leading a team, creating KPI’s and metrics, sharing best practices as well as reporting to stakeholders to share updates on the progress of the team and play a vital role in bringing Choco to the next level.
In this role, you will:
You will take ownership for hiring, building and scaling our sales teams to unprecedented levels. We will look to you to execute and develop localized growth plans at record speed and build an unstoppable growth machine.
You will have oversight and responsibility for the performance, training and management of our sales team.
You will be responsible for the growth and development of your team by training, coaching, leading performance reviews and creating more efficient processes to help your team achieve their goals.
You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. This means you might be on sales pitches, doing cold calls, leading meetings and making strategic decisions, all in one day.
- Native or C1 German Speaking ability
- Team-first mentality
- Pragmatic, solution-oriented mindset
- Outstanding communication skills
- A good sense of humor & optimism
- Flexibility and adaptability
- You have at least 4 years experience in partnerships, sales, account management or business development
- You have built, led and scaled commercially successful sales teams in the past
- You have a strong interest in the digitization of the German food industry, the ability to relate to supplier’s day-to-day workflows and pain points, and are passionate to transform the industry with us
- Proven negotiation ability, closing commercial deals and partnerships
- Eagerness lead a dynamic, high-growth environment and intrinsic motivation to outperform others
- Natural-born communication and interpersonal skills
- Culture driving
- People Management
What’s in it for you:
- Autonomy; a vast amount of responsibility with untapped space for personal development
- Tremendous amount of collaboration with a group of diverse peers, from all across the world
- A creative environment to support the development of your ideas
- Wellness initiatives (physical and mental), fitness memberships, group meditation, access to stress and wellness professionals
- Company and team retreats
Who We Are & What We Do
At Choco, we have the ambition to become one of the largest and most successful businesses of the next decade. Our mission is to reduce food waste on a global scale by redesigning the food industry's global value chain. The food industry is an industry with a monumental array of problems, especially in the food-supply-chain. We leverage technology to build the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate.
Today, Choco provides a free digital platform that connects restaurants with their suppliers; an effortless tool that optimises communication, eliminates operational inefficiencies, and simplifies the entire ordering process for all sides. A vital first step in the digitization of the global food-supply-chain.
As one of the fastest growing tech start-up’s globally, we’re moving quicker than ever, assembling the most driven, humble and intelligent people to reach the next level together. Founded in March 2018, Choco now has over 25,000 different clients across 20 markets around the world. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We recently raised one of the largest Series A ($71.5M) funding rounds in European history.
IT'S YOUR CALL NOW, DON'T HESITATE TO APPLY!
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.