Junior Trader Fuels
- ACT Commodities
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Junior Trader Fuels
We are famous for our collaborative approach to trading. It helps us partner with our clients, drives how we work as a team and guarantees success. As a Sales Trader your sharp mind, strong social skills and natural charm will set you up for a great career.
Who we are:
ACT Commodities is a global commodity trading house located in the heart of the Amsterdam
financial district. Our Fuels desk sources, blends and delivers physical commodities such as biofuels anywhere in the world. We have an extensive global network of sellers, buyers, and producers, which enables us to serve our large international client base with a broad spectrum of products.
What you’ll do:
As our business is growing we need new talented and motivated people to join our international
team on the Fuels Trading Desk. You will learn all the ins and outs of the business and have the opportunity to help the desk grow and build your own portfolio of clients.
We will, of course, provide you with extensive training during your first months, from sales, to
negotiation, communication and product training. This way you will develop all necessary skills to help your clients and have a high chance to succeed. Your tasks will be:
- Conducting market research and business development to find leads (cold calling);
- Assist in managing trade communication, decisions, and execution;
- Help clients find optimal solutions for their product and hedging needs;
- Performing follow-ups and having client meetings;
- Coordinating with support teams for settling deals;
- Staying up-to-date on industry news and looking for new trading opportunities;
- Contributing to the achievement of annual trading goals of the desk.
Who you are:
An ideal candidate is an ambitious person who wants to kickstart a successful career in trading. We are looking for a young professional with a great affinity for finance and sales, and preferably some industry experience. However, it is essential that you have an entrepreneurial mindset, are self-motivated to learn, and not afraid to fail and try again. Find below our requirements:
- Native speaker of Dutch, proficient in English plus an additional language;
- University degree, preferably in Business, Economics, or Finance;
- 0-4 years’ experience in investment banking, corporate finance, trading, or relevant sales experience;
- Strong knowledge or affinity with commodity and financial markets;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills;
- Energetic individual able to work accurately under pressure;
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced Excel skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and discretionary performance bonus;
- 25 vacation days per calendar year;
- NS Business card (depending on your residence);
- Target incentives (company events, gifts etc.);
- Gym discount and workout classes;
- Company trainings for communication and personal development;
- In-house Life Coach.
For more information and to apply, follow this link!